The candidate will work as an Oracle Database Administrator and will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of complex Oracle databases. Active involvement in analysis, data modeling, iterative development (Agile), implementation and post implementation support (no scheduled on-call) is required. The candidate will be a member of our development team ensuring our software meets and exceeds industry standards in quality, performance and reliability.
Candidate and Position Requirements:
- Design, implement, manage and maintain a highly-available Oracle databases
- Analyze and tune application performance by optimizing database objects and queries
- Create views, stored procedures, triggers and other database objects in support of applications
- Establish proactive notifications of potential space, performance and access issues
- Help Maintain production databases to ensure integrity, performance, accessibility, and recoverability of data
- Assist in any production database issues
- Assist with transformation of business requirements into logical/physical data models
- Work as an active participant in an Agile development environment
- Participate in a DEVOPS environment by following established procedures, escalations and troubleshooting methodologies from the development environment through production.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in information systems, technology, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Oracle 11g and/or 12c database management experience
- 5+ years SQL and PL/SQL experience including tuning and coding experience
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and organization skills with the ability to effectively handle multiple concurrent assignments.
- Self-starter with a service oriented mentality and a strong sense of ownership of work performed
- Thorough understanding and compliance of object naming and database security best practices.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate with developers and business stakeholders.
- Experience with large databases (2T+)
- Experience with database monitoring – OEM configuration experience a plus
- 1+ year Data modeling experience (normalization, de-normalization, referential integrity, and constraints)
Preferred Candidate Skills/Tools:
- 3 years Oracle DBA on Unix/Linux OS
- 2 years Oracle RAC and ASM (preferably running on Linux)
- Experience with Oracle Partitioning
- Unix/Linux Shell scripting
- Oracle tools – RMAN, data pump import and export, SQL*Plus, SQL Developer (and modeler), OEM
- Experience with Oracle In Memory Databases, big data, NoSQL, and data warehousing
- Experience with ESRI tools and/or GIS (in general) is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical/Dental coverage reimbursement
- 401(k) and Employee Profit Sharing
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
Please submit your resume for consideration.
Local Candidates only. No travel required.