The candidate will work as a Security Administrator at our client location. Our client operates applications 24×7, 365 days a year. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the security of the client’s network from both internal and external threats. The candidate will install, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot new and existing network infrastructures and work with designated teams to address and resolve network issues. The Security Administrator shall ensure that network security infrastructure and related procedures adhere to our client’s organizational standards as well as those of the industry. The candidate must be able to follow, contribute to, and maintain network security documentation standards as well as complete audits as specified by the client. The ideal candidate will have good interpersonal skills enabling effective communication, role transparency and collaboration with client personnel and network teams.
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services such as firewalls, site-to-site/client VPN, intrusion detection & prevention systems, routers, switches and associated software
- Perform security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing, and security reviews periodically to ensure the security of corporate technology systems and data
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security tools and technologies
- Stay abreast of industry trends and latest advancements in network and data security
- Manage and maintain corporate end-point protection systems
- Manage and maintain multi-site network architectures, from primary to disaster recovery sites.
- Implement, and maintain network security policy, standards, and procedures.
- Deploy and maintain access-list and firewall policies for high throughput environments.
- Implement network security best practice policies for both corporate and production environments.
- Interact with internal and external technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with adherence to architectural goals and principles
- Ability to articulate advanced technical topics
- Produce security documentation in adherence to IEEE and ISO requirements
- Cisco Certified as CCNA; CCNA Security Preferred
- 2+ years of network security experience within the last 5 years
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field; or comparable work experience and certifications
- Network documentation experience
- Good interpersonal skills enabling effective communication, role transparency and collaboration
- Adaptable to change
- Server experience
- LAN/WAN experience
- Experience working with cloud environments and/or vendors preferred including Cloud Security Certificates
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux OS
- Familiarity with vulnerability testing
- Penetration testing experience
- Working knowledge of SSL Certificates including installation
- Knowledge of CA certificates
- Additional security certification preferred (CompTIA, EC-Council, ISACA, (ISC)2, GIAC, etc.)
- Ciena experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical/Dental coverage
- 401(k) and Employee Profit Sharing
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Leave