Candidate will work as a Sr. Big Data Engineer and will be actively involved in the design, implementation and architecture of Big Data Infrastructure. Candidate will be responsible for ensuring our big data solution meets and exceeds in quality, performance and reliability. Candidate should be able to work in a small, independent and rapid development environment.
Candidate and Position Requirements
B.A. or B.S in Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or Computer science or comparable work experience.
- Work with Big Data architect to move data from traditional relational databases into Cassandra database using Apache Spark.
- Adapt and improve various parts of the Big Data infrastructure/stack to handle large volumes of data
- Engage in multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing development and deployment tasks across them as necessary
- Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and selection of hardware and software solutions
- Research/analyze data processing functions, methods and procedures
- Design, build, and test massively parallel processing programs using various technologies such as Java, Scala, Spark SQL, Data Frames, and NoSQL stores.
- 5-7 Years of Experience as a Java Developer/Engineer
- 1-2 Years of Experience in a Big Data ecosystem such as Hadoop, Map Reduce, Apache Spark, and Cassandra or other NoSQL databases, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. This position involves a very high interaction with the clients
- Must have strong Java Programming skills and understand the internals of distributed computing. Other languages such as Scala, Python, and Groovy are a plus.
- Strong Experience with data management and partitioning
- Experience in troubleshooting, debugging and optimizing Big Data jobs or programs such as Map Reduce
- Experience with Lambda Architecture including how to build the batch, serving and speed layers
- Understanding of streaming processing technologies such as Spark Streaming or Apache Storm
- Understanding of messaging systems such as JMS, RabbitMQ, or Apache Kafka in relation to big data processing
- Experience integrating a relational database and a NoSQL store and SQL application development experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical/Dental coverage
- 401(k) and Employee Profit Sharing
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
Please submit your resume for further consideration.
Local candidates preferred.